Seungri says he will undergo probe on narcotics, sex-for-favors suspicions

Posted February 27, 2019 by

Seungri, a member of popular boy group BIG BANG, said Wednesday he will cooperate with police to unravel the truth about suspicions that he circulated narcotics and attempted to buy sexual services for potential foreign investors.

“I’m truly sorry for everyone as for some uncomfortable issues that have been raised over the past month,” the 29-year-old singer said through his management agency, YG Entertainment.

“I want to voluntarily show up before the investigative authority, undergo a complete drug test and actively cooperate with the probe into all related suspicions,” he said.

YG expressed hope that the truth about the “imprudent rumors” can be unveiled through a thorough police investigation.

The singer will have to be punished if the suspicions are found to be true, but, if not, those who raised the suspicions will face criminal and civil charges, the agency warned.

On Tuesday, an Internet newspaper reported that the 29-year-old singer attempted to buying sexual services for foreign investors in an investment company that he was preparing to establish with an acquaintance in December 2015. Seungri cofounded the company, Yuri Holdings, in early 2016 for investment in restaurant and entertainment businesses.

The newspaper unveiled conversations he allegedly had with the head of the company and one of its employees at that time. The messages showed Seungri directing the employee to prepare seats and “loose women” for the investors at a large nightclub in Seoul’s posh Gangnam area.

YG immediately denied the report as “false,” claiming it is based on fabricated text messages.

The Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency said its investigators have already begun an internal probe into the suspicion.

The police agency has been separately probing Burning Sun, another nightclub in Gangnam where Seungri was a public relations director, over allegations of narcotics use, sexual assaults, violence and corrupt ties with district police.

Source: Yonhap News


Seungri Expresses Desire To Cooperate With All Police Investigations After Sexual Escort Service Allegations

BIG BANG’s Seungri, following allegations yesterday that he offered escort services of a sexual nature to business investors, released a statement through YG Entertainment expressing his desire to cooperate with authorities in order to quickly resolve the matter.

Here is the full statement from YG Entertainment:

We are relaying Seungri’s statement that he sent us yesterday evening.

For the last month, regarding the unsettling issues and news that have been brought forth about him, Seungri has continuously expressed his apologies to everyone. Though it’s small, Seungri has revealed that he wishes to, as soon as possible, submit to drug tests as well as actively cooperate with investigations on all the allegations surrounding him.

YG Entertainment is of the same stance as Seungri, and our legal team will be contacting investigative authorities this morning to relay Seungri’s wishes to go into the station soon to cooperate with investigations.

We hope that through thorough investigations by the police, the truth of the indiscriminate rumors will be revealed, and if there is even the slightest issue, Seungri will have to accept the legal consequences.

Conversely, if the rumors are proved false, we will, in addition to requesting a police investigation, be preparing all routes of legal action.

Previously, on February 26, SBS funE released an exclusive report containing text messages allegedly exchanged between Seungri, an employee, and CEO Yoo of Yuri Holdings, an investment company Seungri was preparing to establish. The content of the text messages revealed in the report suggested an offering of a sexual escort service.

YG promptly responded to the report, saying that they spoke with Seungri, and he said the messages were fabricated. Yuri Holdings also released a statement saying that the messages must have been fabricated by someone with malicious intent.

Meanwhile, journalist Kang Kyung Yoon of SBS funE, who published the initial exclusive, insisted in a statement that there was no fabrication, and that she would cooperate in any investigations regarding the matter.

All this comes on the heels of a controversy surrounding the club Burning Sun, which became embroiled in allegations of sexual assault, drug dealing, and hidden cameras following an assault incident brought forth by a club patron. Seungri was caught up in the controversy for his association with the club, although both he and the club CEO stated that he was never involved in management of the club and was just a consultant.

Source (1) via @Soompi