We all have our own story on how we got into K-Pop or to the VIP fandom. A lot of VIPs probably got lured thanks to the extraordinary music and performances BIGBANG consistently puts out, but one of the reasons we’ve stayed during all these years (even for the not-so-great moments) is because we’ve witnessed multiple times how genuinely nice and kind-hearted ALL the members are.
Today, we celebrate the birthday of someone who truly embodies SWEET and NICE. The unarguably KING-GENERAL-GOD-EMPEROR OF FAN SERVICE. The member who was initially known for his “forever alone” persona, but became the first member to have found his forever (heh). The person who made congratz dope. The SUN of the VIP Universe. What’s his name?
In celebration of his birthday, here’s a very incomplete compilation of his exceptional, world-class, high-quality, one-of-a-kind fan service he’s known for.
1. When he feeds fans who wait for him at airports. From gummy bears, pepperos, bananas, mandarins, honey butter chips to special kimbap from Jeju.
180224 #태양 ☀️ @ 김포공항
— 너는태양☀ 나는달🌙 (@URTHESUN) February 24, 2018
2. When he (and BIGBANG) rent food carts for fans who wait at broadcast stations when they go on music shows.
3. His sincere I Love Yous and Thank Yous to fans.
I LOVE YOU
— TAEYANG (@Realtaeyang) November 7, 2011
My fans are diamonds, so precious Thank you and LOVE YOU so much.
— TAEYANG (@Realtaeyang) June 11, 2014
I did nothing.. It's all cuz of you guys.. Thank u 🙂
— TAEYANG (@Realtaeyang) June 12, 2014
4. His witty (and heart-warming) Instagram/Twitter replies.
5. When he re-posts silly, hilarious photo edits made by fans (because VIP humor = Taeyang humor. He just GETS us…).
6. When he takes selfies/photos with fans and signs autographs.
7. When he makes sure the VIP tickets to his concerts are super worth it with the SWEETEST sendoffs.
8. HIS HUGS!!!
— Sakuragi Hanamichi (@andywong927) April 18, 2018
9. When he invites fans on stage to be part of his performances.
At his Solar Tour concerts while performing “I Need A Girl”:
Performing with a fan on stage after watching the fan’s cover his song:
10. Lastly and maybe this doesn’t really count as fan service, but when he announced his wedding with a heartfelt message on Instagram, it really showed his respect and love for his fans. As singers, all that is really expected from them are awesome songs and amazing performances, so sharing this bit about his personal life was really sweet.
안녕하세요. 태양입니다. 오늘 제 인생에 있어 가장 중요하고 행복한 약속을 여러분들께 알리려고 합니다. 4년이라는 오랜시간동안 늘 한결같이 제 곁을 지켜준 민효린씨와 앞으로의 여생을 함께 하기로 맹세했습니다. 힘들 때나 좋을 때나 언제나 변치않고 저를 믿어준 사람이기에 이제는 그녀와 함께 아름다운 가정을 꾸리고 싶습니다. 그동안 서로 마주보며 다져온 사랑을, 앞으로도 둘이 같이 한곳을 바라보며 걸어가겠습니다. 저를 가족처럼 아껴주신 모든 팬분들과 빅뱅 멤버들 그리고 YG 식구들, 관계자 분들 진심으로 감사드립니다. 앞으로 더욱 책임감있고 겸손한 모습으로 살아가겠습니다. 태양과 민효린 저희 두 사람이 마주할 앞 날을 축복해 주시면 감사하겠습니다. Hello everyone, this is Taeyang. Today, I want to share with you guys about the most important and joyful promise I have made in my life. I have pledged to spend the rest of my life with Min Hyorin, the one who has always stuck by me for the past four years. Through all the good times and the bad times, she has always believed in me and now I look forward to making a beautiful life together. To all the fans who always treated me as if I was family, to all of my Big Bang members, to all of my YG family, to everyone I’ve ever had the pleasure to work with and meet, I want to say THANK YOU. I will continue to live my life with responsibility and humility. My hope is that you will continue to support us and give your blessings for our future ahead as a couple.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TAEYANG!!!
Take care and do well on your army service and we look forward to seeing you again on stage soon!!! We love you!!!